Little Bow Cupcakes
Something I definitely want on a cold rainy day is a nice hot cup of tea, a yummy homemade cake and a hunky man to warm me up. Fortunately 2 of those things are easily provided and I can offer a how-to for the second one! The third one… well Channing Tatum on the tv and a radiator will have to do for that!
So these are lovely little bow cupcakes… I made a larger one for my brothers birthday which I shall blog next.
To make the cupcakes you need:
150g caster sugar
3 medium eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Food colouring of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 180c/Gas Mark 4 and line a 12-hole muffin/cupcake tin with paper cases.
2. Pop the butter, sugar, beaten eggs and vanilla extract into a bowl and then sift in flour and baking powder.
3. Give the mixture a good beat either with or without a hand blender (probs less effort with one!!) Do this for about 2 minutes until it is pale and fluffy to make it taste really light - Almost like a mousse consistency.
4. Spoon the mixture into the cases evenly and bake for around 20-25 minutes.
THE FUN PART!!
1. Cut off a chunk of ready-roll icing and roll it out onto a clean and dry surface. Then get a cookie cutter and cut out a circle of icing.
2. Then put it onto the cupcake with a bit of icing sugar like this:
3. Now we’re ready to do the ribbons… Start by dying some ready to roll icing your chosen colour. To do this you just need to cut off a chunk and then pour a few drops of colouring on to it and then knead it so that it is fully covered. Roll out this icing…
4. Then cut out a strip about 1-2cm thick
5. Cut it up so you have two small pieces, which will be used to make the bows.
6. Keep the extra bit handy as it will be used later to go over the bows. Once you’ve cut them up just careful curl each one round and use a little icing to stick each end to each other.
7. Make up all 12 sets of bows and leave them aside to harden up a bit. Cut out two strips about the same size as the one made for the bows and place them over the cupcake in a cross.
8. Then stick the bows onto the cake using icing and use the left over pieces of icing strips to place over the top of the little bows.
The effort is worth it in the end :D
- me0207-12 reblogged this from jennifercloud
- michianais likes this
- taylorpenshorn likes this
- kozanis likes this
- shockmelikeanelectricfeeel reblogged this from jennifercloud
- s-weetpeace reblogged this from jennifercloud
- sophiecupcakelover reblogged this from jennifercloud and added:
- jennifercloud posted this